The International Centre on Small Hydro Power (ICSHP), under the auspices of UNIDO, is coordinating a report on the worldwide development status of small hydro power (SHP). The aim of the report, as a contribution to global renewable energy, is to give a global overview of the status of SHP and thereby inform SHP practitioners, policy- and decision-makers, investors, as well as those interested in clean, renewable and local energy and sustainable development.
The report will include
- an overview for each region (i.e. Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America)
- the country status of over 140 countries on SHP development (including updates on innovative technology, SHP policy environment and financing)
- a technology section featuring case studies
- a policy section featuring case studies
- a finance section featuring case studies
The Editorial Board welcome experts and professionals from UN system, NGO, Governmental and Intergovernmental Organization, Enterprises, Communities etc to involve in the report preparation, in kind of articles and case studies. Case studies on countries, areas, projects describing specific policies, technologies, approaches or environmental or social impact should be no more than 1000 words. Authors are invited to submit their interest in writing with a brief description via email to the ICSHP team on the report. (email@example.com)